Maximising Your Steelshield™ Cookware
Read our tips on how to care for your cookware, including how to season, cook with, and clean your pans.
Seasoning Your Pans
Before you go ahead and start cooking with your Circulon SteelShield™ pan for the first time, we recommend seasoning your cookware. To do this follow these steps:
- Pre-heat your pan on a medium to high heat.
- Add a tablespoon of oil, and swirl to cover the entire cooking surface.
- Continue to heat your pan until the oil begins to smoke, then switch off and leave to cool.
- Wipe away the excess oil with a paper towel.
And now you’re ready to cook! Your pan will continue to re-season itself from the fats in the food you’re cooking.
Cooking with Circulon SteelShield™
- To begin cooking, use a paper towel to wipe oil around the surface of the pan.
- Heat your pan to a medium to high heat.
- If you are unsure whether your pans are at the correct temperature, there is a handy little trick you can use; simply add a few drops of water to the pan, if the water droplets form a single ball and roll around the pan, you are good to go.
- Reduce the heat to low to medium before adding your food.
Cleaning your Circulon SteelShield™
Circulon SteelShield™ cookware is dishwasher safe, but we always recommend hand-washing when possible. To clean your cookware, simply leave to cool, then wash with warm, soapy water and a sponge. For more stubborn stains, a metal scourer can be used on the interior of the pan.
Our Top Tips for Caring for your SteelShield™ Pan
Pre-heat Your Pan
Pre-heat your pan for a minute or two before adding your food. SteelShield™ rings perform best when hot.
Oil is a Good Thing
Add a little oil when cooking with SteelShield™ to get the best of both worlds, with flawless nonstick and perfect searing.
Dial It Down
SteelShield™ pans retain and distribute heat so well, you'll need less heat to cook your food.
Stuck on Foods?
Warm, soapy water and a sponge should be all you need, although a metal scourer can be used on the steel rings for stubborn stains.