When you first use one of our non-stick pans, it will work so well (and make clean up so easy) that you may think that all you need to do is wipe it out with a paper towel!
Though we would love for that to be the case, cleaning your pan thoroughly is really important to prevent a build-up of food over time that can cause damage to your non-stick. If grease particles are left on the non-stick surface, they can burn when the cookware is next heated, causing stains and scorching to your pan’s interior, reducing the effectiveness of the non-stick surface.
Follow these simple steps to keep your pan looking beautiful and performing perfectly:
- Carefully wipe off spills which occur during cooking immediately for easier clean up later.
- Always allow cookware to cool down after use and before cleaning, by removing cookware from the heat source and allowing it to cool on a heat resistant surface or trivet.
- Do not pour cold water into hot cookware as it may cause it to warp, or hot liquids to splatter
- Before washing, carefully wipe out any food residue or grease particles with a paper towel.
- Using the Circulon cleaning brush (or a mesh pad specifically labelled as being suitable for non-stick surfaces), wash cookware thoroughly after use with mild dishwashing detergent and hot (not boiling) water to remove all traces of food or grease particles.
Can my Circulon cookware be placed in the dishwasher?
You should always refer to the Use and Care information which came with your cookware to ensure dishwasher suitability. Although our cookware ranges may be suitable to be placed into the dishwasher, to prolong the life of your cookware, hand-washing is always recommended on all of our of products.