- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary leaves
- 2 fresh bay leaves, torn
- 1kg lamb fillets, trimmed (can also use chicken or pork fillet)
- 2 orange sweet potatoes (about 740g)
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g rocket leaves
- 150g Persian feta, or other soft marinated goat’s feta
- Salt and pepper
MUSTARD SEED AND HONEY DRESSING
- 5ml chardonnay vinegar
- 1½ tbsp honey
- 1½ tbsp seeded mustard
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 170ml extra virgin olive oil
- Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, cumin, lemon rind, garlic, rosemary and bay leaves in a glass or ceramic dish.
- Add meat, turn to coat in mixture, then cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- To make mustard and honey dressing combine all ingredients except oils
- Whisk to combine.
- Gradually add olive oil and whisk until well combined, then season to taste.
- Cut sweet potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook sweet potato on each side or until golden, then drain on absorbent paper.
- Place in a baking dish in the oven to complete cooking if required.
- Blanch asparagus in boiling salted water until bright green and tender, drain and refresh in iced water, then drain again.
- Layer sweet potatoes, asparagus and tomatoes on rocket on a large platter and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a little oil in a frying pan and pan-fry lamb fillets for 2 minutes on each side for medium rare or until cooked to your liking.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper,
- Rest lamb for 5 minutes before slicing each on the diagonal.
- Place over vegetables on platter and scatter with feta.
Drizzle salad with dressing and serve immediately.