This recipe is a beauty. You can either roast your veggies or if you are in a hurry like I was tonight, I used my fry pan which made the cooking process a lot quicker.
It’s such a colourful dish, full of flavour and is one of our staple monthly recipes.
- ½ pumpkin peeled and cubed
- 1-2 beetroot cubes
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- 1 packet cooked quinoa
- 2-4 chicken stock (I use Massel vegan range)
- ½ cup of currants
- 1 cup of dukkah
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1 packet of vegan haloumi
- Cocotribe Natural Yogurt
- 1 cucumber grated
- Handful of fresh mint
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle of olive oil
- In an oven tray drizzle olive oil over the vegetables and roast in a preheated oven 180C degrees until golden brown or for a quicker version, pan fry. I used my new Circulon Total to grill my veggies.
- Cook quinoa as per packet instructions, add chicken stock and currants. Meanwhile toast walnuts and dukkah and set aside.
- Grate cucumbers and squeeze off excess water, mix with Cocotribe natural yoghurt and mint. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Fry up halloumi and assemble plates with quinoa, vegetables, halloumi, sprinkle walnuts and drizzle this delicious fresh tzatziki sauce.