Spring is a great time to clean off the barbeque and spend time outside with your family. Why not try this great quick and easy recipe of crisp spring vegetables at your next BBQ.
- 60g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 3 teaspoons coriander seeds, toasted, crushed (or ¾ teaspoon ground coriander)
- 1 bunch green asparagus, woody ends trimmed, halved crossways
- 150g (about 2 cups) snow peas, trimmed
- 150g (about 1 ¾ cups) sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 80g (4 cups loosely packed) baby spinach leaves
In a large bowl, mix the butter, lemon zest and coriander. Season to taste with sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus, snow peas and sugar snap peas and cook for 3 mins or until the vegetables are bright green and crisp-tender. Drain the vegetables well in a colander. Transfer to the bowl with the coriander butter and add the spinach. Toss the vegetables with the butter until the spinach has wilted. Season the vegetables with more salt and pepper if necessary and serve immediately.
Note: This recipe can also be enjoyed inside using your Circulon Grill pan for a quick easy side option at dinner the whole family will enjoy.
We used the following Circulon Products