Gluten free and dairy free!
Recipe by The Healthy Cooks
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 10 mins Serves: 2-3
- 600g St Bernards Organic pork shoulder, diced into 2cm cubes
- 1-2 tbsp Cockatoo Grove Organic Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 spring onions, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 cucumber, finely sliced on the diagonal, to serve
- 8 cos lettuce leaves, to serve
- Korean KimChi, to serve
- 1 packet Tilda Wholegrain Basmati Rice, cooked as per pack instructions
- ½ red apple, roughly chopped
- ½ brown onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 inch piece ginger, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Korean Chili paste
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1-2 tsp chili flakes
1. For the marinade, pop all of the marinade ingredients into a food processor and blitz to a puree.
2. Place pork into a glass or non-reactive bowl, add the marinade and mix tocombine. Cover with cling film and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
3. Heat a large non-stick frying pan or wok over a high heat. Once hot add a splash of olive oil, then add the pork and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Once cooked remove the pan from the heat and fold through the sesame seeds and spring onion.
4. To serve, arrange the cucumber, cos leaves and kimchi in 2-3 serving bowls. Spoon in the cooked rice and pork bulgogi, evenly dividing between the bowls and serve immediately