The fresh coriander and lemon add a real zing to the vegetables but you might also like to try adding a little heat by chopping up some red chilli (without the seeds) and adding that to the dressing too.
- 2 orange peppers
- 3 small courgettes
- 1 aubergine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250g halloumi cheese
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- A good pinch paprika
- Wedges of lemon to serve
For the dressing:
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 tbsp good quality extra virgin olive oil
- A large handful of fresh coriander
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Cut the peppers in half and scoop out the seeds. Slice into big strips.
- Trim the aubergine and courgettes and slice into long thin strips.
- Put the vegetables into a bowl and drizzle with the oil, toss together.
- In another large bowl mix together the dressing ingredients and put to one side.
- Heat the grill pan until hot. Add a few of the vegetables and grill until you have golden stripes on both sides. The vegetables should also be slightly soft.
- Put into the dressing. Cook the other vegetables and add to the dressing. You may like to keep them warm in a low oven
- Mix the flour, paprika and pepper in a small bowl, add the haloumi and mix to coat the cheese. Cook the haloumi in the grill pan until golden.
- Spoon the vegetables onto plates and top with the haloumi. Scatter over more freshly chopped coriander and wedges of lemon and serve.
View Circulon Grill Pans